Monday, March 30, 2009

Where has the month gone?

Not a lot of quilting done. Still have the same 54/40 quilt on the design wall, seven rows left to put together. I'm sick of working on it, and took a break by making blocks for the mystery quilt. I got part of the blocks made, and started sewing them together when I realized it was the "Star Struck" quilt from Quiltville. And Bonnie Hunter's directions are easier to follow - so I'm going with her directions. I have all the sub-blocks made, just need to assemble them into a top. My sister Charla will get the Star Struck quilt when finished.

Today I sent most of my 30's prints to "Canton Village Quilt Works" to have them cut using her Accuquilt custom die. Hard to describe, I don't think she has given it a name - my description is a modified Drunkard's Path. She has photos on her blog http://cvquiltworks.blogspot.com/2009/02/just-playin.html check it out. I picture a different layout - and depending on the size of the blocks, I can see them used as setting triangles on a diagonal layout. I'm having her cut 2 yards of black fabric for setting triangles, hope they will make a border design on a scrap quilt. I'm also having all the leftover scraps cut into 2 1/2 inch strips of whatever length, I'll use them up in 4 and 9 patches. I was getting tired of the 30's prints - does anyone else just get sick and tired of looking at a fabric in their stash?

Not a lot of sewing going on, but lots of books read. My second addiction is reading. . . .currently reading Katie MacAlister "Playing with Fire" one of the Silver Dragon books. Next up to read is David Weber "Storm From the Shadows" so there will not be much sewing for the next couple of days. I also ordered Alice Henderson new book "Voracious", if it comes in soon that will delay the sewing even more. . . .LOL . . . but I promise to post more often.

1 comment:

  1. I also have a Star Struck quilt that I am S-L-O-W-L-Y working on! Just one block at a time, that's what I tell myself. But I have Quilty ADD so I have to stop and work on something else often. Which is probably why I have SO MANY UFOs!
    Cheers,
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete