- Three string quilts from Bonnie Hunters site Quiltville, one with a red center strip, one dark-blue center strip, and the third is completely random (scrappy). The red only needs the border put on, the blue blocks are completed, and I just need to decide on a layout. I have thought about taking the blue blocks and using them as a framing border around the red blocks, this would make the quilt a queen size.
- Crazy quilt, using the templates from Shar. Using a mixture of scraps.
- 54/40 star quilt. Using the template/ruler from Eleanor Burns. I'm making the 8 points from the same fabric for each block, and using different center squares. Might do a 4-patch in the middle of each block. Have most of the star points made, just need to audition the center squares. Have made several of these quilts, and love them.
- 6-pt Diamond, still making practice blocks. Not sure if each of the diamonds will be the same fabric, or if I will use two or three fabrics in each star. I have decided to use one fabric for all the background diamonds, selected a tone-on-tone white. The colors really pop, now I just need to decide on the numbers of fabric in each star. First time to do this type quilt on machine, normally I would just use English paper piecing. Not sure that I like the set in seam (Y-seams).
- 9-Patch out of blue and white. One day this will be a baby quilt. I dislike the fabric, it is so thin you can almost see thru it. It was given to me in a Precut kit, was a rail fence and I took two of the fabric to make 9-patch blocks. Still have the other strips to do something with, two shades of dark blue, pink, and green.
- Dresden plate, using fabrics with gold and silver highlights. Have been calling this one "Metallic Dreams" I have all the wedges sewn together and need to applique the center circle down and sew them to the backing square. This has been a long term project, truth be told I just found it again.
- Also have a lavender "Double Wedding Ring" that I've started doing machine embroidery in the open areas. For some reason I selected little boy and girl ducks. Yes I said ducks, what was I thinking, its a full size top not a crib or twin.
- Broken Hearts, made from scraps. Have started cutting the 3x6 inch strips and have most of the squares cut out. Not one block is sew together.
Well my list is not as bad as I expected. I have less than a dozen quilts in progress. Have thought about doing the NYE mystery quilt, although I have never done a mystery quilt and I'm not sure how it will work out. I'm kind of a control freak, I like to know what a quilt will look like. What have I got to loose, I'm going to use only from my stash. Might just be another charity quilt.